Lead generation is an essential part of any business, ideally delivering a steady stream of fresh potential customers and accounts. But you clearly know that, since you’re here looking for top-of-the-line lead generation software!
Lead generation software (or a lead generation tool) automates the process of bringing in more, higher-quality leads.
In this article, we’ll go over the most important features that any software for generating leads should have, and take a look at the 20 best lead generation tools for 2022. We’re sure you’ll find one that makes your sales and marketing teams much more efficient—and profitable!
What is a lead generation platform?
Lead generation is the process of attracting prospects to your business in order to increase future sales. And that’s exactly what a lead generation platform does. It helps you to collect contact information from people who are interested in your brand and generate more leads.
Different lead generation software tools use different approaches to collecting more leads. Some help with on-page lead generation, others focus on various social media channels, and still others help generate leads via landing pages.
There’s no one best lead generation tactic, since which approach works best for you depends on the specifics of your business and sales process.
How to choose a lead generation tool?
All lead generation tools are different, but there are some common features that you should look for. The best lead generation software tools will have all of the features below, plus some extras!
1. An easy-to-use interface
Lead generation software should always be designed for marketers, not web developers. Look for a lead generation tool that doesn’t require any coding skills so anyone on your team will be able to use it. If a tool has a drag and drop editor, that’s usually a sign that it’s easy to use.
You’ll probably want to connect your lead generation system with your CRM platform, lead management software, and email marketing tools, so it’s important to have direct, well-supported integration options.
Make sure to check whether you can integrate the tools you’re currently using with the lead generation platform you’re considering, so you’ll be able to easily sync all your new leads.
Also keep in mind that some lead generation tools do have integrations available, but require you to be on a premium plan to access them. So you’ll have to consider your budget as well.
It’s important to analyze how well your lead generation campaigns work so you can optimize them and improve your results. Having access to up-to-date statistics is vital.
You should keep an eye out for exactly what data all your candidate lead generation tools provide. Although two lead generation tools might both promise an “analytics suite,” one might offer much more data about your lead generation campaigns than the other.
What are the 20 best lead generation tools?
Now that we’ve seen the essential features that your lead generation software needs to have, let’s jump right into our list of the 20 best lead generation software tools!
If you’re short on time, here’s a tl;dr of the top 10 lead generation tools to try out.
Now let’s see each in more detail!
We believe that OptiMonk is the best lead generation software out there. It’s a powerful tool that allows you to create high-converting popups and other on-site messages, generating leads and revenue for your store.
Let’s see how OptiMonk can help you to generate more leads!
Key feature #1: Easy to use editor
Building beautiful lead capture forms has never been easier. OptiMonk allows you to easily drag and drop new elements to your lead capture popup, side message, or sticky bar.
All the new elements you add are automatically optimized for mobile, but you can also hide elements on mobile, or edit your elements separately for mobile and desktop.
Some of the customization options in OptiMonk’s drag and drop builder include:
Size, layout, and position
Opt-in form fields and copy
Key feature #2: Multi-step opt-in forms & custom form fields
Multi-step opt-in forms help to collect more qualified leads.
You can grab your visitors’ attention with a teaser. Then you can show a multi-step popup that asks for contact details only in the second step. This helps you create more engaging opt-in forms.
You can also use custom form fields to collect any additional contact details you need besides the first name and email address. You can gather info like date of birth, gender, address, and more.
If you’d like to get started with a multi-step form, check out one of these templates below:
Key feature #3: Intelligent targeting and triggering options
Using OptiMonk’s many targeting and triggering features, you can personalize your messages for each visitor segment based on their behavior. This will help you display the right message to the right visitor at just the right time.
The advanced targeting rules allow you to use all sorts of customer data, including country, URL targeting, cart value, and more.
You’re able to combine several targeting rules to create very specific customer segments in order to make sure the messages you’re displaying are relevant to each customer.
Other key features:
- Access to a huge template library: 300+ beautiful, mobile-optimized templates at no additional cost.
- Google, AdBlock & GDPR safe: OptiMonk campaigns are fully GDPR compliant and Google-friendly. Both you and your customers are safe and secure.
- Detailed analytics & insights: Get in-depth insights into how your campaigns are performing and why.
- 30+ email, CMS, and ecommerce integrations: Including popular solutions like MailChimp, Klaviyo, and HubSpot.
- A/B testing: Test alternative versions of your marketing campaigns to find out which brings in the most qualified leads.
Free, or from $29/month.
HubSpot is an integrated platform with marketing, sales, customer service, operations, and customer relationship management (CRM) software designed to empower your team and help your business grow. Essentially, you get all-in-one marketing functionality such as chatbots, live chat, and forms.
- Lead capture form builder: Easily build forms using a simple drag-and-drop editor. Add them to your website to convert anonymous visitors into leads that automatically flow into your CRM.
- Landing page creation: Design and launch beautiful landing pages without the help of developers or IT.
- Lead tracking & management: Practice lead nurturing based on the data you’ve collected, and automatically turn that lead data over to your sales team.
- All-in-one dashboard: All functionality is accessible from within your WordPress dashboard.
- Integration: Hubspot integrates with over 500 tools and software.
Pipedrive is an easy-to-use CRM tool that allows you to get more qualified leads and grow your business. Pipeline helps streamline each step involved in converting a lead into a sale.
- Measurable results: Pipedrive’s comprehensive analytics page helps you get your sales process down to a science.
- Lead management: Allow your team to add color-coded labels to each deal to help you organize your data and speed up your sales process.
From €19.90/month. 14-day free trial available.
LeadPages is a landing page builder that helps small businesses improve their lead generation efforts and close sales. You’ll be able to create attractive landing pages without any coding knowledge by customizing their pre-built templates.
- Built-in conversion guidance: LeadPages predicts your page’s performance before you publish it and tells you what to tweak.
- Mobile-responsive templates: They offer a gallery of more than 200 professionally-designed templates that you can customize using their drag and drop builder.
From $99/month. 14-day free trial available.
Unbounce is an AI-powered landing page builder with features that allow you to quickly create beautiful, high-performing marketing campaigns and generate new leads.
- Easy-to-use builders: Unbounce has easy-to-use builders for any skill level. Using their drag and drop editor, you can create lead generation landing pages in just minutes.
- Templates: You won’t have to start from scratch! Get inspired by their range of pre-made templates for eBooks, eCourses, webinars, and more.
- AI copywriting: Trouble finding the right words? With Unbounce, you can generate content that your site visitors will love.
From $90/month. 14-day free trial available.
Sumo makes a suite of ecommerce apps that includes a powerful lead generation tool. Their lead capture form builder can create high-converting forms that generate leads quickly and reliably.
One of Sumo’s catchphrases is “set it and forget it,” which encourages users to set up their popups quickly and then let them run. It’s a great option if you don’t have much time to invest in running your popup campaigns.
- Fully customizable design: Collect lead data using lead capture forms that you customize to match your site.
- Welcome emails and email campaigns: Once you’ve collected lead data from your site visitors, you can send them messages using Sumo’s email marketing tool.
The basic plan is free, or from $39/month.
OptinMonster helps ecommerce businesses convert their website traffic and run lead generation campaigns using popups and other tools.
- Drag and drop builder: Customize all your lead capture form details with their easy-to-use drag and drop builder.
- Multiple form types: choose between classic popups, floating bars, fullscreen overlays, and slide-ins.
- Page-level targeting: hyper-segment your leads by using OptinMonster’s enterprise-grade targeting and segmentation rules.
Sleeknote is a popup builder tool that allows you to create beautiful popup lead capture forms quickly and easily.
- Split testing: A/B test different headlines, images, and copy to discover what leads to the highest-converting campaigns. Then, apply all those lessons to your next lead generation campaign.
- Customizable templates: Create beautiful, eye-catching forms that are consistent with the look and feel of your website.
From €62/month. 7-day free trial available.
Engagebay is an all-in-one CRM software that allows you to capture quality leads and improve your communication with new and existing customers.
- Marketing automation: Engagebay takes some pressure off marketing teams with automated marketing processes.
- Live chat software: you can use the automated chat function to provide timely customer service to both potential customers and existing customers.
Free, or from $14.99/month.
ActiveCampaign is a customer experience management tool that leans heavily on AI and automation. It’s on this list because it allows you to create lead generation popups and inline forms.
- Advanced segmentation: This lead generation software delivers different messages to leads at different stages of the customer awareness journey. This is great for lead nurturing!
- Social media messages: Run consistent messages on multiple social media channels using this software.
- Integrations: ActiveCampaign integrates with over 800 other marketing tools, making it among the most well-integrated lead generation platforms on the market.
Mailchimp is primarily known as an email marketing tool, but it also allows you to create on-site popups for boosting lead generation.
- Create lead generation popups: You can build and launch popups using Mailchimp’s convenient (but limited) lead gen tools.
- Send email marketing messages: Use Mailchimp’s advanced email marketing platform to build an automated sales pipeline.
Free, or from $11/month.
GetResponse is a lead generation software that helps online stores collect contact information from their website visitors by using lead capture forms, landing pages, and paid ads on search engines and social media.
- Large popup template library: Choose from over 200 templates to find the perfect lead capture popup.
- Paid ads: Use GetResponse’s lead generation software to find quality leads on social media networks and on search result pages.
- Analytics: Track which messages and channels are the most effective for finding new leads.
Free, or from €1/month.
Wishpond offers several online marketing solutions in addition to their lead generation software, including tools for building landing pages, websites, and payment processing.
- Triggering options: Choose whether your popups appear based on entry, exit, or scroll triggers.
- Suite of tools: Take advantage of Wishpond’s other tools for ecommerce.
Speak with a Wishpond specialist for details.
Sendinblue is another all-in-one marketing solution that doesn’t just allow you to generate leads, but also send email marketing messages and build landing pages.
- Customizable signup forms: Use Sendinblue’s lead generation tool to create signup forms for your website and landing pages.
- Regulatory compliance: Sendinblue’s lead generation campaigns are fully GDPR compliant. This saves you a good deal of work.
- SMS marketing: After you generate leads, you can follow up via SMS, which is an incredibly powerful sales tool.
Free, or from $25/month.
Typeform also allows you to create multi-step lead generation forms that have a similar style to Google forms. This is a great lead generation system for finding out more about your target audience, as well as receiving feedback from your customers.
- Ask different kinds of questions: Let your respondents answer questions with text fields, multiple choice options, checklists, and ratings.
- Collect feedback: You can also use Typeform to collect valuable feedback to improve your site.
Free, or from €25/month.
16. Agile CRM
Agile CRM is an easy yet affordable Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software with sales and marketing automation features.
- Collect leads: Use custom popups, signup forms, coupons and surveys to increase your conversions.
- Lead scoring: The automated scoring, with real-time alerts, lets you qualify leads faster and more accurately.
Free, or from $14.99/month.
With CallPage’s lead generation software, you can generate more sales calls and leads from your website using a click-to-call widget.
- Automated callback: Get more phone calls to your business by offering an instant call option via a click-to-call widget.
- Call forwarding: Encourage visitors to have an immediate conversation with a consultant in 28 seconds, or give them an option to schedule a call later.
The basic version is free.
AeroLeads is an email finder tool. It helps to find an email address and build an email list in real time for your business.
- Search 650M+ profiles: A database of over 650M+ prospects. All emails are validated in real-time.
- Chrome extension: The chrome extension will help you to extract emails and add prospects from LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, Aeroleads Search, and any other website.
LeadFuze calls itself a search engine for leads. It’s a prospecting tool that helps to create a list of leads and candidates for your business by aggregating the world’s professional data and the companies they work for.
- List building: A bot helps to build your lists and add new leads automatically that match your criteria.
- Verification: Get double-verified emails. No need for your own list cleaner.
LeadsBridge is an Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) solution that enables companies to enhance their omnichannel strategy by orchestrating their business data.
This is one of the best lead generation tools for getting the most out of your potential leads by bringing together all the data you have about each customer.
- Lead sync: Synchronize all your lead data automatically and interact with your leads instantly, moving them through the pipeline faster and more efficiently.
- Audience targeting: Segment your leads, prospects, and customers by common traits to retarget at every stage of their journey through the funnel.
Free, or from $22/month.
As you can tell from this long list, there are plenty of great lead generation software options to choose from. Your lead generation tool should have the basic features we identified at the beginning of this article, as well as extra features that will help you accomplish your marketing goals.
However, you shouldn’t just pick one lead generation tool and run with it. Ideally, you want to create a lead generation system that keeps new leads flowing into your sales pipeline.
To do that, you’ll need to use a few lead generation tools at once to pull from different channels. You don’t want to have overlap (i.e. two lead generation tools both working on your homepage), but you don’t want to neglect any important channels like social media.
We’d recommend slowly adding more tools to your lead generation system and experimenting with what brings you the most success (especially when you have access to a free basic plan or trial).
If you’d like to start using popups to generate leads on your website, sign up for a free OptiMonk account today!