Popups. Marketers love them, users hate them. Right?
Well, not in all cases.
We’re excited to roll out a brand new gamification popup that your users will LOVE: Meet the Pick a Present (aka Pick a Gift) template!
Using it, you can attract your website visitors and turn them into loyal customers.
What is the Pick a Present popup?
It is a gamified popup.
Using gamified popups, you make your visitors feel like they are missing out on something if they don’t play. This feeling drives them to take action. It is an engaging way to capture new subscribers. Your lists are growing while your users have fun.
As the name suggests, visitors can pick a gift for themselves on a popup and they can win big discounts. You can upload up to 5 gifts to pick from and they can play a guessing game.
Let’s take a look at our “Pick a Present” popups!
Who said popups can’t be attractive? 🙂
Why is this effective?
Fact: We, people, are competitive and we love to win. Winning something makes us feel special. Even if it’s a small thing, we are happy.
Gamification takes advantage of this simple human behavior and creates a new, fun, enjoyable experience on your site.
The word “gamification” is not new – not even in the world of popups. “Gamification is the application of game-design elements and game principles in non-game contexts. Gamification also has been used as a tool for customer engagement, and for encouraging desirable website usage behavior.”
OptiMonk also has some gamified popup templates: the lucky wheel and the scratchcard.
We decided to create a new one because our users are obsessed with these two templates.
How does it work?
1) Log in to your account, create a new campaign and choose the templates called Bristol or Liverpool to get started.
2) You can fully customize the popup to match the look of your website – as usual. You can customize colors, fonts, images, and you can also drag and drop any extra element to your popup (e.g. you can add another input field).
3) Next, you can change the number of presents your visitors have to pick from – you can have most of 5 presents. You can change the size of the gifts and the spacing between gifts.
4) You can also enable or disable the title and the subtitle, and you can also edit them.
5) Last, but not least, you can add your coupon codes by clicking on the “Coupon settings” button, set up the weighting factor of each gift and we will automatically specify the chance to win.
6) When it’s all done, set up when to show and who to show your message, then don’t forget to activate. Now visitors who see your message can take part in the game, but first, they need to subscribe.
Let’s see it in action!