Is shopping cart abandonment your number one nemesis? You’re certainly not alone. Every online store struggles with cart abandonment.
According to our statistics, the average cart abandonment rate across all industries in 2022 is 66.5%. And every one of those abandoned carts represents a lost sale and less revenue for your ecommerce business.
But it’s not all bad news! If you use great shopping cart abandonment software, you can recover abandoned carts and turn more of your website visitors into paying customers.
In this article, we’ll explore 8 of the best cart abandonment software solutions for your ecommerce business in 2022.
Let’s get started!
What kind of tools can help recover abandoned carts?
When a visitor puts items into their cart but fails to complete the checkout process, we call it cart abandonment or checkout abandonment.
This is a big problem, because when you lose customers right before checkout, they’ve already been through all the stages of the marketing funnel. That means you’ve spent money to acquire the leads through your social media ads, organic search, or referral program. Then, the visitor spent time on your online store getting to know your brand and products. These customers are this close to converting, which makes losing them even worse.
That’s why you need top-notch cart abandonment software. Cart recovery tools usually focus on either cart abandonment emails or cart abandonment popups.
Cart abandonment emails remind customers who’ve already provided their email addresses that they’ve left an item in their cart. Cart abandonment popups, on the other hand, encourage a customer to finish their purchase before they leave the site (usually in exchange for additional discounts).
Both are very effective ways to prevent cart abandonment, and it’s best if you use them together.
Top abandoned cart software options for your ecommerce business
Now let’s have a look at some of the best cart abandonment tools available today!
OptiMonk is an on-site personalization platform for online stores. You can create a personalized customer journey using OptiMonk’s on-site messages, leading to fewer lost customers, fewer abandoned carts, and more sales and conversions.
Abandoned cart recovery is one of the things OptiMonk excels at, helping you easily target cart abandoners with exit-intent popups. And you can personalize the messages you display to individuals based on the items in their abandoned cart and their total value.
In addition to preventing cart abandonment, OptiMonk can also help you grow your email list, promote special offers, collect feedback, and more.
- Cart abandonment recognition: Using exit intent technology, OptiMonk can detect the precise millisecond that a visitor is about to leave your website. At that moment, a message appears to prevent cart abandonment.
- Target customers based on cart contents: Suggest relevant products by targeting abandoning visitors based on the products in their cart and the total value of their cart.
- Countdown timers: Promote limited-time offers and use a countdown timer to make your visitors feel like there’s a ticking clock on their discounts, encouraging them to buy now rather than later.
- Cart notification bars: In addition to typical popup overlays, sticky bars and sidemessages are a great way to reduce cart abandonment.
- Easy-to-use drag & drop editor: Setting up a cart abandonment campaign has never been faster! OptiMonk’s drag & drop editor helps you customize one of 300+ beautiful templates in minutes.
- Precise personalization: Create as many cart recovery campaigns as you want so you can target different visitor segments.
- Detailed analytics & insights: Get in-depth insights into how your cart abandonment campaigns are performing and why.
- 30+ email, CMS, and ecommerce integrations: Including popular solutions like MailChimp, Klaviyo, and HubSpot, so you can integrate OptiMonk with tools for sending cart recovery emails.
- A/B testing: Test alternative versions of your abandoned cart recovery campaigns to find out which is most effective.
Free, or from $29/month.
Get started with one of OptiMonk’s ready-to-use cart abandonment templates right now:
Klaviyo is an email marketing platform that helps you increase revenue, sell to your existing customers, and recover lost sales with personalized emails.
- Personalized emails: Personalize the content of your emails based on actionable data revealed by your customers’ browsing activity and preferences.
- Pre-built templates: Start with hundreds of data-supported templates and use the subject line generator to write AI-proven subject lines. Klaviyo has lots of templates specifically designed for recovering abandoned shopping carts.
- 220+ integrations: You can send customers highly personalized emails and SMS messages thanks to integrations with all the ecommerce solutions you use.
Free (up to 250 contacts), or from $20/month.
Omnisend is an ecommerce email marketing and SMS platform. This tool allows you to level up your newsletters and boost sales with automated emails, segmentation, and the added potential of SMS.
- Multiple channels: Provide your customers with a consistent, personalized experience by reaching them on their preferred messaging channels (whether that involves email, SMS, or both).
- Pre-built workflows: You can get your abandoned cart recovery campaigns up and running in minutes using their pre-built workflows. Any adjustments you need to make are easy to do in the drag & drop editor.
- A/B testing: Test to see which channels, incentives, and subject lines convert best.
Free (up to 250 contacts), or from $16/month.
CartStack is another email marketing solution that helps take your abandoned cart retargeting strategies to the next level by sending different types of messages to buyers at different stages of your funnel.
- Personalization: CartStack saves your shoppers’ abandoned cart items and uses them to create targeted messages in your reminder emails.
- Built-in automation: Once you choose one of the ready-to-use templates and set your timer, your cart recovery emails will go out automatically.
- Zapier Integration: This integration allows you to grow your email list with CartStack-captured leads.
Free 14-day trial. Then, from $29/month.
OptinMonster is a popup tool that helps ecommerce businesses turn their website traffic into subscribers and increase sales.
- Drag and drop form builder: Customize all your cart abandonment popups with their easy-to-use drag and drop builder.
- Multiple types of lead forms: Choose between classic popups, floating bars, fullscreen overlays, and slide-ins.
- Page-level targeting: Hyper-segment your visitors using OptinMonster’s targeting and segmentation rules.
Privy is an ecommerce marketing platform that allows you to create popups and send automated email marketing messages to your new subscribers and customers, including cart abandonment emails.
- Drag and drop editor: Privy’s editor makes it easy to design and send emails in minutes. You can even save your designs and use them as templates later.
- Automatic coupon reminders: Send coupon reminder emails to notify customers that their codes are expiring and encourage them to use them soon.
Free (up to 100 contacts), or from $45/month.
Drip is an all-in-one marketing automation tool that helps recover abandoned carts, create email and SMS workflows, and send personalized messages to subscribers.
- Dynamic segmentation: Dive deep into who your customers are and how they shop, so you can serve up dynamically personalized content that speaks to them as individuals.
- Pre-built workflows: Create automated welcome series, abandoned cart emails, and post-purchase sequences using Drip’s point-and-click visual workflow builder.
Free 14-day trial. Then, from $39/month.
CartBounty is a dedicated shopping cart abandonment software that’s only available for WooCommerce stores.
- Live shopping cart monitoring: CartBounty saves and displays all shopping cart activity from the moment a product is added to the cart.
- Integrations: Send email reminders using WordPress, ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, or MailChimp.
Free, or from $78/month.
Good cart abandonment software is key to optimizing your ecommerce store. Over 65% of visitors abandon their carts after adding products to them, so saving those conversions is one of the easiest ways to generate more sales from the leads you already have.
The 8 abandoned cart recovery tools we’ve suggested are all great options. But if you’re looking for the all-around best cart abandonment software, you’ll want the most powerful popup software available. Sign up for a free OptiMonk account today to get started on recovering that lost revenue!
Let us know in the comments if you’ve used any of the tools reviewed above, or which you’re planning to try out!