Are you struggling with low conversion rates?
Converting visitors into customers is not just a goal—it’s a necessity. After all, what’s the point of investing in advertising if those clicks aren’t translating into sales?
To increase your conversion rates, you’ll need effective conversion rate optimization tools that can improve the user experience, respond to user behavior, and ultimately drive more sales.
However, with a multitude of conversion rate optimization tools flooding the market, finding the right one for your business can be a daunting task.
That’s why we’ve curated a list of the best 14 CRO testing tools for 2024. These tools will help you make the most out of your website visitors and convert them into paying customers.
Let’s get started!
Why are CRO tools important?
Conversion rate optimization tools are important for many reasons. Here are just a few of the things you can do using CRO tools:
- Identify conversion barriers: CRO tools can use quantitative data to identify areas where a website is facing conversion issues. By analyzing user behavior, you can find specific pages or elements that may be hindering conversions. Many CRO tools allow you to access user sessions and examine user flow from their perspective.
- Optimize user experience: Once you understand typical user behavior on your site, you can make data-driven decisions to improve the user experience and increase conversions. Many CRO tools also help you make those improvements, such as website personalization software that improves the user flow.
- Conduct A/B testing: Nearly all CRO tools allow you to perform A/B testing. When you can test different variants of your web pages or marketing campaigns, you can be confident about which option will result in the best conversion rates.
- Measure key performance indicators: CRO tools help measure the success of your optimization efforts by tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) such as conversion rates, click-through rates, bounce rates, etc. The more data you have, the better and more informed your decisions can be.
How to choose the best conversion rate optimization tool for your business?
Now that you know why conversion rate optimization tools are crucial for ecommerce success, let’s take a look at the factors that determine which tool is right for your business.
Here are five things to keep in mind when trying to the best conversion rate optimization software.
1. Ease of use
You should look for a CRO tool that’s easy to use and has a user-friendly interface. The whole point of having a CRO tool is to perform conversion rate optimization, so you don’t want to spend weeks learning how to use the tool or dealing with technical issues.
Make sure that any CRO tool you invest in can integrate with the ecommerce software you currently use.
For instance, if you’re on Shopify, make sure the CRO tools you’re looking at work with the platform. And if you use services like Google Analytics or Google Optimize, make sure those are also available integrations.
There’s a big range in pricing when it comes to CRO tools, and there are several different pricing models you need to consider (monthly subscription vs. one-time fees vs. pay-as-you-go). If you’re just starting out, you might want to begin with a free CRO tool.
The best CRO tools will provide you with a strong support system. It should never be a struggle to get someone from the company on the phone. You might need to get in touch with them if you encounter any issues or have questions about using the tool.
Finally, it’s important to look for a tool with a good reputation and positive reviews from other users. This will give you confidence in the tool’s effectiveness and reliability.
14 must-have CRO tools to boost conversions
Now it’s time to dive into our list of the best CRO tools for 2024. We’re going to get into a lot of detail about each one, so here’s a quick tl;dr of the best CRO tools:
- OptiMonk: The only AI-powered, all-in-one conversion optimization platform.
- Optimizely: An advanced website personalization and testing platform.
- HotJar: One of the best heat mapping tools for understanding how customers experience your website.
- Crazy Egg: Gain an understanding of how users behave on your website with this heat-mapping software.
- SurveyMonkey: Create feedback forms and gather important insights about your performance from your user base.
- Qualtrics: Learn about which areas of your business can be improved with this customer feedback tool.
- Intercom: Use live chat to interact with your customers in real time.
- Zendesk: This customer support software will help you deliver the level of customer service your customers want.
- Unbounce: Use this popular tool to create beautiful landing pages.
- Leadpages: Boost conversions with this high-performing landing page builder.
- Smaply: Discover the best areas to improve in order to boost conversion rates with this customer journey mapping software.
- Custellence: Understand your audience on a deep level with this customer journey mapping tool.
- Google Analytics: Use this classic web analytics tool to understand your traffic and digital marketing performance.
- Kissmetrics: This user behavior analytics platform can help you improve website conversion rates.
Website personalization tools
OptiMonk is an all-in-one CRO toolset that provides popups, website personalization, and A/B testing.
With a range of conversion rate optimization tools and features, OptiMonk empowers ecommerce businesses to use targeted messaging, personalized content, and tailored offers to maximize conversions and sales.
Let’s see how OptiMonk helps boost conversion rates.
Key feature #1: AI-powered CRO
OptiMonk AI is an AI-powered conversion optimization and personalization platform created for busy marketers.
It offers easy-to-use, smart solutions that can help you boost sales in multiple ways:
- Supercharge your Google Ads with real-time, 1-to-1 personalization for your landing pages. Tailor any headline, description, or text based on the interest of your visitor – 100% automatically.
- Boost website conversions with fully automated, AI-assisted A/B testing. Just pick the elements on your website you want to test and let our AI do the rest of the job.
- Turn product detail pages into high-converting sales pages with AI-powered copy. Use the power of AI to create better headlines, descriptions, and benefit lists, and run A/B tests to tailor the ideal product page. And do it for thousands of product pages – parallelly.
Key feature #2: Dynamic Content
Website personalization is essential in 2024 because customers are expecting a seamless user experience. In fact, 91% of consumers say they’re more likely to shop with businesses that provide relevant offers and recommendations.
OptiMonk’s Dynamic Content changes based on the interests and preferences of the individual viewing the web page. When your website visitors see relevant content that responds to their needs, preferences, and behavior, your conversion rates will increase.
For example, many websites display different content to users based on their location, allowing them to show US customers one message and international visitors a different one. You can use Dynamic Content for anything from lead generation to cart abandonment. Deciding where to use Dynamic Content depends on the specific needs and goals of your website.
Key feature #3: Experiments
Analyzing your website performance is essential for conversion rate optimization, helping you understand where improvements need to be made.
OptiMonk’s Experiments feature allows you to test multiple versions of a campaign against each other (making it A/B/n testing instead of just A/B testing). This generates a ton of quantitative data that you can access on OptiMonk’s analytics dashboard.
You can also show two or more variants of the same campaign to different segments of website visitors, allowing you to see which variants work best for different target audiences.
Key feature #4: Segments
Segmentation is one of the areas where OptiMonk really shines as a CRO tool. By automating user research, OptiMonk’s Segmentation feature provides you with recommendations for pre-defined user segments and makes it easy to send relevant messages to small target audiences. (By now, you know that sending the same message to everyone is a no-no, right?)
Furthermore, you no longer need to define your own custom customer segments for each campaign. Instead, you can save specific customer segments, allowing you to set up new campaigns in record time and consistently target those segments with tailored content and offers.
- Drag & drop editor: Lets you easily design your campaigns.
- Point & click placement of embedded content: Place Dynamic Content wherever you like on your web pages with a click of the mouse.
- Create feedback forms: Gather user feedback with high-converting survey forms.
- 50+ integrations: including Google Analytics, Klaviyo, and many other tools.
- Audience recommendations: Get audience recommendations to effectively target the right segments.
- Conduct A/B testing: Conduct A/B testing and experiments to fine-tune your campaigns.
- Smart tags: Use smart tags to take advantage of the first- and zero-party customer data you’ve collected.
- Enhance user experience: Implement overlays like popups, side messages, sticky bars, or full screens to enhance user experience.
Pricing: A free version is available. Paid plans start at $39 per month.
Optimizely is a personalization platform that allows ecommerce business owners to optimize their website and boost their conversion rates. Notable features include A/B testing, personalization, and audience targeting. This is a CRO tool that helps businesses make data-driven decisions.
Pricing: Pricing ranges from $50 to $2,000 per month.
Heat maps and click-tracking tools
HotJar is a powerful conversion rate optimization tool that helps businesses visualize user behavior. When it comes to behavior analytics tools, there’s no bigger player than HotJar. This CRO tool provides heat maps, session recordings, and surveys to help you figure out where your website visitors are bouncing and why.
Pricing: Basic plans start at $39 per month.
4. Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg is another CRO tool that focuses on the user experience, bringing you visual data in the form of heat maps, scroll maps, and click maps. When analyzing user behavior is this easy and intuitive, you’ll be well on your way to optimizing your website for conversions.
Pricing: Basic plans start at $24 per month.
Survey and feedback tools
SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular survey tools in ecommerce. With this conversion rate optimization software, you can create custom surveys and collect feedback from your customers. The many survey templates make it easy to get your surveys up and running, and they also have a wide variety of data analysis features.
Pricing: From €30 per month.
Qualtrics is a comprehensive user feedback management platform. Businesses can use this CRO tool to collect and analyze customer feedback. Some unique Qualtrics features include research panels and innovative data analysis tools.
Pricing: Contact sales for pricing information.
Live chat tools
Intercom is a customer relations platform that gives businesses the ability to interact with customers in real time. In addition to live chat, Intercom also allows you to respond with automated messages and send targeted email campaigns.
With Intercom, you’ll be able to provide a smooth customer journey and stay in touch with your customers.
Pricing: Basic plan starts at $39 per month.
Zendesk is a customer service platform that gives companies all they need to manage support tickets, live chat, and social media interactions. By helping businesses see all the customer interactions they need at a glance, it allows them to resolve issues quickly.
Zendesk implementation enables a unified customer service approach, simplifying the handling of diverse communication channels.
Pricing: Ranges from $5 to $199 per month.
Landing page builders
Unbounce is an extremely popular landing page builder that helps businesses create high-performing landing pages without needing to write a single line of code.
In addition, Unbounce offers its users A/B testing, the ability to measure key performance indicators, and integrations with popular marketing tools.
Pricing: $80 to $300 per month.
Leadpages is another landing page software that helps raise the conversion rate of your incoming traffic with features like A/B testing, lead generation campaigns, and deep integrations with other tools that ecommerce businesses rely on. You can create beautiful landing pages without any coding knowledge, which makes it a great fit for businesses of all sizes.
Pricing: Basic plans start at $27 per month.
Customer journey mapping tools
Smaply is great for getting a bird’s eye view of your conversion optimization needs. It’s a user journey mapping tool that will create a visualization of your customer journey so that you can analyze and improve it. When you see all the customer touchpoints that your visitors go through, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of your customer journey.
Pricing: Basic plan starts at $39 per month.
Custellence is a customer journey mapping tool that’s more tailored towards segmentation through their customer persona feature. This CRO tool can give businesses of all sizes a comprehensive view of the customer experience.
Pricing: Custellence’s pricing ranges from $29 to $299 per month.
Web analytics tools
13. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a popular web analytics tool that helps businesses track user behavior, website traffic, and conversion rates. It gives you access to a ton of traffic data that can be useful for optimizing your website.
Pricing: Google Analytics is a free website optimization tool.
Kissmetrics is one of the best web analytics tools for analyzing user behavior, identifying trends, and increasing conversion rates. Some of the most notable features are funnel visualization, A/B testing, and cohort analysis.
Pricing: Basic plans start at $299.
3 examples of winning CRO strategies
Now that we’ve seen the top 14 CRO tools you should consider using in 2024, let’s take a look at how they can help you optimize your conversion rates with a few real-life examples!
1. Personalize your email landing pages with the name of the visitor
If you want to boost the ROI of your email marketing campaigns, it’s a great idea to personalize your landing pages by including your subscribers’ first names. When a user clicks on a link in an email campaign, they want to see a customized user experience that makes their online shopping easier.
Since you’ve probably already collected this information from your subscribers, why not include a personalized greeting such as “Welcome to our website, Ryan”?
When you create an engaging experience for subscribers arriving on your landing pages, you’ll likely see higher conversion rates and, ultimately, a better ROI.
2. Experiment with various offers on your lead generation forms
What about building an email list in the first place? You can use CRO tools to track user behavior and improve the conversion rates of your email signup forms.
One popular data-driven tactic involves experimenting with different offers in order to find the ones that resonate best with your audience. For instance, you might want to test out whether your audience prefers a 10% discount, a buy one get one (BOGO) offer, or free shipping.
To simplify the process, you can use OptiMonk’s Variant A/B testing feature to compare multiple versions of your signup form and determine which offer performs the best.
3. Personalize landing page headlines based on Facebook ad copy
Are you running multiple Facebook or Instagram ads with different copy, value propositions, or designs? And are you driving traffic from all those ads to the same landing page?
That could be a missed opportunity, since the users responding to different ads might convert better if they saw tailored headlines and copy instead of one-size-fits-all messaging.
Take this ad for a hair loss product from Obvi, a beauty brand that sells lots of different products. When someone clicks on this particular ad, Obvi keeps the messaging consistent on the landing page.
All you need to do is to create a new Experience variant for each Facebook ad and personalize your landing page copy using OptiMonk’s Dynamic Content feature. This can boost the ROI of your Facebook Ads by up to 50%.
What are conversion rate optimization tools?
Conversion rate optimization tools are software applications that help businesses increase the percentage of website visitors who take a desired action, such as making a purchase, filling out a form, or subscribing to a newsletter.
There are many different ways to pursue those goals, so that means there are lots of different types of CRO tools.
In general, a CRO tool will include data analytics, user behavior tracking, and A/B testing features, but different tools will have different areas of focus. One CRO tool might be all about improving your website design in order to increase conversions, while another might be focused on lead generation.
You’ll need to identify your digital marketing needs to figure out which conversion rate optimization tool is best for you and your business.
What are CRO techniques?
CRO techniques are methods used to increase the percent of visitors that convert. Here are some common methods:
- A/B testing: Create two versions of a landing page to see which performs better
- CTA optimization: Optimize the placement, design, and wording of the call-to-action buttons
- Landing page optimization: Tweak the design and content of landing pages to make them more relevant and engaging to visitors
- Personalization: Personalize your website for individual users based on their behavior and previous interactions
- Website speed optimization: Increase your page speed in order to improve the user experience
Finding the right conversion optimization tools for your business can be daunting, especially since there are so many options to choose from. Hopefully this article has helped you narrow down your choices and get inspired to start optimizing your own conversion rates!
Using powerful CRO software like OptiMonk to increase conversions and make the most out of your incoming traffic is one of the best investments you could make as an online business. Which tool from our list are you planning to try out first?