Digital marketing in 2023 is all about providing a personalized customer experience to each individual. Showing tailored messaging to different customer segments ensures that shopping on your website is convenient and enjoyable.
Website personalization requires a high degree of marketing automation, since there are so many different messages that each customer could see. That’s why using website personalization tools is absolutely essential.
But with all the options out there, it can be difficult to know which website personalization software is worth it. That’s why we’re covering the 12 best website personalization tools available right now.
Let’s get started!
What is website personalization and why is it important?
Website personalization is about creating the most relevant user journey for each and every visitor. No two visitors are alike, so optimizing the customer journey requires adapting it to each customer’s unique behavior and interests.
Website personalization has 3 main benefits for an ecommerce store. It can help you:
- Increase the effectiveness and ROI of all your marketing campaigns. That means better conversion rates, lower acquisition costs, and increased sales.
- Generate more email subscribers, and collect much more zero- and first-party data while you’re at it. This reduces your reliance on Facebook and Google as your main acquisition channels.
- Build real connections and long-term relationships with your customers. This will help you increase your average customer lifetime value.
How to choose website personalization software?
Overwhelmed by all the personalization tools available today?
Here are 3 things to keep in mind when choosing a website personalization tool:
Different web personalization tools are well adapted for different use cases. You’ll want to employ specific strategies depending on where along the customer journey you tend to lose customers.
For example, if you’re facing high rates of cart abandonment, sending personalized discounts to that customer segment is a great idea.
Other stores might have problems with turning first-time buyers into regular customers. In that case, a web personalization tool that enables email personalization would be a good bet.
Whatever your goals, make sure that the website personalization software you’re considering has the capabilities you need.
Some personalization tools make it very easy to create many different messages. But if you’re only trying to personalize a couple of touchpoints at important junctures of the sales funnel, you might not need the most complex tool.
You should also consider how many messages you want to test out using A/B testing. If you’re planning on creating dozens or hundreds of variants, make sure your website personalization tool can handle it.
What industry are you in?
B2B companies, for example, should promote relevant content that can educate their corporate clients about their services. On the other hand, it’s usually better for a B2C company to recommend relevant products and premium features to their customers.
What are the best website personalization solutions?
These website personalization tools can help online retailers and SaaS companies make the most of their incoming web traffic.
OptiMonk is a comprehensive website personalization platform that helps ecommerce stores easily create personalized shopping experiences. This allows you to boost website conversions and win customers for life!
Key feature #1: Embedded content
This web personalization tool allows you to add a variety of personalized elements to your store, including offers, incentives, surveys, and messages… all without involving developers.
Key feature #2: Overlays
Overlays like popups, side messages, sticky bars, or full screens can capture your visitors’ attention. You have dozens of targeting and customer segmentation options to show these messages to the right customers at the right time.
Key feature #3: Product recommendations
Implementing relevant product recommendations doesn’t have to involve complicated development processes. It can be accomplished in just a few clicks.
Key feature #4: Smart tags
Use hyper-personalized content that takes advantage of the first- and zero-party customer data you’ve collected.
- No-code editor lets you easily design your campaigns
- Point & click placement of embedded content
- Audience recommendations to help you target the right segments
- A/B testing and experiments to optimize your campaigns
- Campaign analytics & true revenue measurement
2. Google Optimize
Google Optimize offers A/B testing & other tools that can help you personalize your website.
- Insights: Optimize is integrated with Google Analytics, so you can quickly understand how your website can be improved.
- Testing: See what versions of your website content work best for your website visitors. You can run A/B, multivariate, and redirect tests.
- Compelling experiences: Google Optimize allows you to adapt your website content to deliver personalized experiences to all your customers.
Hyperise is a great marketing personalization tool. It specializes in allowing you to use personalized images in your outreach campaigns and on your websites.
- Personalized images: Use personalized images with your existing outreach tools and website.
- Video personalization: Videos are an excellent way to capture attention. You can stand out even more by personalizing your video content.
Yieldify is another website personalization software platform for ecommerce stores. It’s easy to use and requires no coding knowledge.
- Customer targeting: Yieldify gives you access to comprehensive targeting rules that allow you to personalize your lead capture messages.
- Automated coupon codes: Create automatically updating offer codes on your website, and display them in banners and social media ads.
VWO is a conversion optimization tool with a strong focus on A/B testing. It’s really useful for experimenting with new digital marketing ideas.
- Powerful A/B tests: You can see how all the metrics you care about (sales, conversion rates, etc.) are impacted by the new versions of your messaging.
- Sophisticated experiments: Run more advanced statistical tests easily and conveniently.
PersonalizeFX is an innovative personalization tool that’s part of the MarketingCloudFX platform. Using it, you can create a personalized experience for your website visitors based on all the data your company has.
- Behavior-driven personalization: Change up your website content based on the previous actions users have taken on your site.
- Flexibility: Personalize different elements like banners, testimonials, case studies, and more.
Personyze is personalization software that leverages artificial intelligence, machine learning, and behavioral targeting to engage and convert users. You can take advantage of omnichannel personalization to provide a consistent experience across all your channels.
- Smart content: Key into each visitor’s unique interests using machine learning and create great personalized content.
- Dynamic landing pages: Create multiple landing pages that you can show to different customer segments.
8. Twilio Segment
Twilio Segment is a customer data platform that helps you implement omnichannel personalization campaigns. It collects events from your web and mobile apps and provides a complete data toolkit.
- Data management: Collate the data you collect from all your customer touch points, no matter the platform or channel.
- Real-time audiences: Build audiences on the fly and create tailored campaigns for them in real time.
- Numerous integrations: Keep track of your audience using integrations with 400+ marketing tools.
9. Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield is a customer experience optimization platform that enables you to create personalized experiences for different customer segments.
- Dynamic elements: Any static element (like hero banners, call-to-action buttons, product listings and more) can become dynamic and tailored to each user.
- Custom page layouts: Automatically deliver customized layouts that respond to each visitor’s preferences.
HubSpot is a platform that helps marketers use visitor characteristics and behavior to create personalized content for all customers.
- Personalization tokens: Use unique customer identifiers to personalize your email marketing campaigns.
- Smart content: Complex data points, like lifecycle stage, device type, and referral source can help you deliver better website experiences and CTAs.
Optimizely helps you create transformative digital experiences that will encourage customers to build a strong emotional connection to your brand.
- Content marketing: Quickly scale content using their enterprise CMS.
- Multisite: You can take advantage of their features across all the online stores that you own.
- Optimization: Use AI to test new features and personalize every touchpoint.
Nosto is a customer personalization platform that includes a suite of personalization solutions.
- Speed: Their simple UI helps you deliver personalized shopping experiences in no time at all.
- Testing: Run multivariate testing to find out what product recommendations, content, category merchandising, and more work best with different customer segments.
That wraps up our list of the best personalization tools out there! Each tool on this list gives you the ability to deliver compelling personalized experiences.
So which to choose? Overall, OptiMonk’s powerful website personalization tool has the best mix of features and capabilities. And best of all, it’s free to use. There’s no reason not to try it today!
Leave a comment if you’ve had any experiences with website personalization software.