Poptin is a popup tool that helps businesses engage and convert more visitors into subscribers, leads, and customers. However, it has some significant limitations that might leave you searching for an alternative.
If you’re looking for a new popup tool for your business, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll cover the 10 best Poptin alternatives that can help your ecommerce store grow in 2023.
Let’s get right into it!
Why would you need a Poptin alternative?
While Poptin is a decent tool, it’s missing a number of key features that an ecommerce website needs to create engaging popups that generate leads and boost sales.
Here are 3 of the biggest reasons you might need a Poptin alternative:
1. It slows your website down
Poptin’s popups can slow your website’s load time.
This is a big problem, because average page load time (or ALT) is an important factor that Google uses to determine page ranking.
And that’s not all: your website visitors are likely to get annoyed by slow load times. Studies have shown that your conversion rate will drop by 12% if your page takes more than 2 seconds to load.
2. Limited templates to choose from
Poptin only has 12 popup templates to choose from. This limits your design choices, especially over the long term. Website visitors get used to seeing the same designs over and over again (not just on your website, but on all websites that use Poptin) so they start to tune them out.
With Poptin, you also have the option to use sidemessages and sticky bars to boost conversions, but again there are only a handful of templates for these message types.
3. The free plan only allows 1,000 visitors per month
Poptin’s free plan is pretty restrictive: your popups only appear for the first 1,000 page views. After that, you’ll have to pay for a premium plan.
Top 10 Poptin alternatives to convert site visitors
Now that we’ve looked at Poptin’s main limitations, it’s time to check out some other options. All of these Poptin alternatives allow you to create stunning popups, engage customers, and increase your website conversions.
OptiMonk is the best Poptin alternative on the market, because it allows you to create popups that are great at converting visitors, but it also helps you do it in a smarter way—without annoying them.
This tool offers multiple on-site message campaign types besides popups: sticky bars, sidemessages, full screens, gamified messages, embedded content, and surveys.
- Access to a huge template library: 300+ beautiful pre-built, mobile-friendly templates at no additional cost.
- An easy-to-use drag & drop editor: Creating popups has never been easier!
- 30+ intelligent targeting features and triggering options: URL targeting, cart-value, product targeting, and more. Target different visitor segments with fully customized messages and different forms.
- Ecommerce-specific features: From dynamic product recommendations to auto-generated coupon codes and Shopify-specific targeting options.
- It won’t slow down your website: OptiMonk popups load after your website does, so they won’t interfere with the Largest Contentful Paint (LCP). This is one of the most important metrics in Web Vitals (an initiative by Google that delivers guidance for quality signals that indicate a “great” site experience).
- Google, AdBlock & GDPR safe: OptiMonk campaigns are fully GDPR compliant and Google friendly, so you and your customers are safe and secure.
- Detailed analytics & insights: Get in-depth insights into how your campaigns are performing and why based on user behavior.
- 30+ email, CMS, and ecommerce integrations: Including popular solutions like MailChimp, Klaviyo, and HubSpot. You can send all the data you collect while generating leads for more targeted email marketing.
- A/B testing: Test alternative versions of your messages to find out which have the best conversion rate.
Free, or from $29/month.
Sleeknote is a popup maker that also allows you to create forms, sidebars, slide-ins, and gamified messages.
- A/B Testing: A/B test different headlines, images, and copy to discover what leads to the highest-converting campaigns.
- Customizable templates: Create beautiful, eye-catching lead generation campaigns that match the look and feel of your website.
From €62/month. 7-day free trial.
OptinMonster is a conversion optimization tool that helps online stores convert their web traffic into subscribers and customers.
- Drag and drop form builder: Customize all your lead capture form details with their easy-to-use drag and drop builder.
- Multiple types of lead forms: choose between classic popups, floating bars, fullscreen overlays, and slide-ins.
- Page-level targeting: Hyper-segment your target audience with OptinMonster’s advanced targeting options.
Privy is an ecommerce marketing platform that allows you to generate leads and send marketing emails and texts, all from one place.
- Cart abandonment popups: Using exit-intent popups, you can capture leads from website visitors who were just about to abandon their carts.
- Customizable templates: Choose from a variety of forms to collect email addresses, including templates designed for seasonal events.
Free, or from $45/month.
Justuno is a personalized onsite messaging tool that allows you to convert more website traffic into customers.
- Gamification: Create engaging promotions featuring games to capture more leads.
- Personalization: Use personalized onsite experiences to move visitors from one stage to the next in the user journey.
From $29/month. Free trial available.
Sumo is an email capture tool designed to create web forms that help you grow your list of email subscribers. You can set up and activate Sumo’s forms without any coding skills.
- Fully customizable design: Create popup windows that look however you like using their drag and drop editor.
- Email campaigns: Use Sumo’s email marketing software to easily improve your marketing automation.
Free, or $49/month.
Wisepops is a Poptin alternative that allows users to create “beautiful and contextual popups, banners, and bars.”
- Drag and drop editor: Use their popup maker to create onsite messages that match the look and feel of your site.
- A/B testing and analytics: A/B test different versions of your popup campaigns to optimize your conversion rates.
Elementor’s popup maker is part of their all-in-one tool for web design, which allows you to create landing pages, blogs, and ecommerce stores.
- Mobile-friendly editing: Create popups that look as great on mobile devices as they do on desktop browsers.
- SEO optimization: Take advantage of Elementor’s built-in wizard for SEO optimization and make it to the first page of Google’s search results.
Popupsmart is a simple Poptin alternative that has an intuitive, easy-to-use interface and helps you increase sales without too much effort.
- Templates: Popupsmart has a variety of exit-intent popup templates to help you increase conversions.
- Analytics: See all the stats on how well your popups are converting in just a few clicks.
Free, or from $24/month.
Wishpond offers several online marketing solutions in addition to their email capture tool, including tools for building landing pages, websites, and payment processing.
- Triggering options: Choose whether your popups appear based on entry, exit, or scroll triggers.
- A suite of tools: Take advantage of Wishpond’s other tools to engage customers and increase sales.
Speak with a Wishpond specialist for details.
Popups are a great tool for getting your website visitors’ attention. And once you have it, you can send them highly effective messages designed for where they are in the customer journey.
By delivering the right messages to the right visitors at the right time, you’ll be able to send your engagement and conversion rates through the roof.
So what’s the best Poptin alternative?
While all of the options reviewed above are worthy contenders, we think OptiMonk is the all-around best Poptin alternative in 2023.
Other lead generation tools like Sumo and OptinMonster can generate beautiful, effective popups, but there’s a cost…both in dollars and in terms of the time you’ll have to dedicate to them (these aren’t the most user-friendly tools). OptiMonk offers a free plan and packed with advanced features that are incredibly easy to use. It’s great for both beginners and experienced popup users, and it checks all the boxes for features and functionalities.
Ready to get started? Create a free account, pick out one of our free popup templates and give the drag and drop builder a try today!