Whether you’re just starting your ecommerce business or you’ve been in the business for a while, you probably know that it’s hard to be successful which is why we have compiled this guide on how to run a successful ecommerce business.
There are so many mistakes one can make with an online store. For example:
- You might use an outdated design that makes visitors leave your site.
- Your site may be not responsive, forcing mobile visitors to head elsewhere.
- Your site might have a poor user experience, lowering your conversion rate.
- You’ve failed to generate an email list and you’re not able to communicate with leads and customers.
- You might use PPC ads, but you can’t reach everyone on Facebook & Google.
And I could go on and on until it gets dark…
Customer expectations are high and there are always new growth hacking techniques to increase your conversion rate. It’s hard to keep up, right?!
In this article, we’ve collected all the best articles, how-to posts, and case studies you will need in 2022 to help make your ecommerce store a success.
How to build a perfect ecommerce store?
To be successful, it’s critical that all the elements of your ecommerce store come together to make a perfect experience for your customers.
Of course, your homepage is important, but there are so many more places to pay attention, e.g. your category pages, your product pages, your checkout page, and more.
If you’re using WordPress, designing these pages is made easier thanks to flexible builder themes like the Total WordPress theme.
Your goal should be to make people fall in love with your online store and a little personality can help you connect with your customers too. In this section, we’ll look at best practices and tips for creating and optimizing your ecommerce store.
- Top eCommerce Platforms Comparison (2020): Shopify vs Magento vs WooCommerce vs OpenCart vs PrestaShop vs BigCommerce
- 17 Best Practices to Build a Perfect Ecommerce Homepage
- 14 Best Practices to Build a Perfect Ecommerce Category Page
- 20 Best Practices to Build a Perfect Product Page
- 14 Proven Tactics to Optimize Your Checkout Process
- How to Make People Fall in Love with Your Online Store
- 24 Tips to Increase the Sense of Urgency in Your Ecommerce Site
- 16 Tips for Effective and User-friendly Faceted Navigation
- 10 Timeless Tips for Ecommerce Sites
Once your ecommerce store is ready to provide an incredible customer experience, you need to start driving traffic to your site and convert those visitors into buyers.
In this section, we’ve gathered together all the tips you need to drive traffic, generate leads, and maximize your conversions and sales.
- 6 Practical and Proven Ways to Drive Traffic to Your New Online Store
- How to Drive Traffic from Social Media: The Ultimate Guide & Checklist for Ecommerce
- 3 Basic PPC Strategies for Ecommerce to Get Started with Google AdWords
- How to be a Powerful Blogger & Skyrocket Content Marketing
- 7 Ways to Quickly Generate More Leads
- 5 Best Giveaway to Capture More Leads
- 13 Sophisticated Strategies to Boost Signups on Ecommerce Sites
- 12 Awesome Lead Magnets for Ecommerce to Grow Your Revenue
Stay in touch with leads via email:
- 4 Successful Email Marketing Automation Workflows for Ecommerce
- 5 Types of Ecommerce Email Templates to Drive More Sales (+22 Examples)
- 30 Awesome Email Subject Lines That Convert
Recover abandoning visitors:
- How to Use Popups: A Beginner’s Guide with Best Practices
- 5 Popup Case Studies that Showcase the Power of Overlays
- 12 Popup Design Best Practices You Need to Know (for Mobile and Desktop)
- The Formula for High-Converting Headline Copywriting (Plus: 48 Killer Examples)
- Refresh Your Popup Campaigns for Better Results
Take your sales to the next level
After you’ve created a steady flow of visitors and started converting them into customers you’ll want to improve your store’s performance even further. After all, your competition is constantly looking for ways to improve too!
These articles and how-tos will help you stay at the top of your game and continually improve your conversions and sales.
Maximize your conversions:
- 32 Tips to Increase Conversions
- 10 Tools You Can Use to Boost Your Conversions
- 14 Unconventional Features Online Stores Use to Boost Conversions
- 12 Ecommerce Popups to Grow Revenue & Email Subscribers
- 7 Little Known Ways to Get More Out of Your Conversions from Your Exit-Intent Popups
- 6 Essential Tips to Boost Your Popup Conversions
Ecommerce case studies to inspire you
Now that you’ve seen all the essential tricks, tips, and best practices, here are four inspiring ecommerce case studies that can help you generate ideas for your own store.
How to run a successful ecommerce business
If you haven’t set up your ecommerce store yet, you now have plenty of tools and ideas to help you get started on the right foot.
If your store is already up and running, we hope you put some of our tips for optimizing your traffic and sales to work.
Remember to bookmark this article so you can easily find any information you need in the future!